This vegan strawberry trifle is a delicious dessert perfect for summertime. It’s packed with fresh strawberries and incredibly light and refreshing!
This dessert is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and doesn’t require baking!
Vegan strawberry trifle
A trifle is a traditional English dessert made out of layers of sponge cake, custard, and fresh or baked fruits.
What you will need to make this vegan strawberry trifle
- Soy milk or any plant milk. I am using Alpro original soy milk, and it works perfectly.
- Cornstarch to thicken the custard.
- Sugar for sweetness. You can use any granulated sugar, coconut, cane, or caster sugar.
- Vanilla extract to add flavor.
- Orange blossom water compliments the flavors of strawberries.
- A pinch of sea salt to balance out the flavors
- Coconut milk to add creaminess and lighten the custard.
- Fresh strawberries. You can use any fresh berries or fruit you like.
- Vegan graham crackers or biscuits. Leftover cake works wonderfully too. Use gluten-free if needed.
How to make this vegan strawberry trifle perfectly every time
Start by making the custard. The custard needs some time in the fridge, so if planning on making this trifle ahead of time, you can make it the day before.
- To make the custard, add soy milk to cornstarch in a saucepan and whisk to combine.
Add your sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, orange blossom water, and a pinch of sea salt. Whisk to combine and cook on medium-high heat.
Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat and simmer while stirring to avoid burning.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl.
Cover the surface of your pudding with plastic film to avoid the formation of skin on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for the best result.
- Whip your coconut cream until nice and fluffy, then add your chilled custard and whisk to combine.
Prep your fresh strawberries.
- Wash your strawberries thoroughly and dice them into cubes. Keep some strawberries whole or cut in half for garnishing.
Make your ground graham crackers layer.
- Ground your vegan graham crackers in a food processor. If using a cake, dice it into small cubes.
Assemble your strawberry trifle by layering ground graham crackers (or cake), custard, then diced fresh strawberries. Repeat this process and finish off with a layer of custard.
Garnish with the rest of your strawberries
Other sweet treats you might want to try
- Vegan chocolate mousse
- Healthier vegan caramel popcorn
- Peanut butter, raspberries & chocolate ice cream
- Salted caramel cashew donuts
What you might need to make this recipe:
This vegan strawberry trifle is a delicious dessert perfect for summertime. It's packed with fresh strawberries and incredibly light and refreshing!
This dessert is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and doesn't require baking!
- 2 cup soy milk ( or plant milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar (coconut sugar, cane sugar, or caster sugar)
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from chilled can of coconut milk)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 3.5 oz vegan graham crackers (or any type of biscuits/cake)
In a saucepan add soy milk, cornstarch, sugar, orange blossom water (if using), vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk thoroughly to combine then turn on the heat.
Bring to a boil while stirring constantly to avoid burning. Lower the heat and simmer while stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until the pudding is thick and creamy.
Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl to cool down cover the surface of the custard with a plastic film (Make sure the plastic film is touching the entire surface of your custard) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
In a mixing bowl, add chilled coconut cream and whip for a couple of minutes or until fluffy. Add the cold custard and whip until everything is combined. Refrigerate while prepping the remaining ingredients.
Place your vegan graham crackers (or biscuit of choice) in a food processor and process until finely ground. If using a cake, just crumble it between your fingers or cut it into small cubes.
Dice 3/4 of your strawberries and keep the rest for garnishing.
In a trifle bowl/glass, add an even layer of ground graham crackers, followed by diced strawberries and custard on top. Repeat the process finishing with the custard on top.
Garnish with the rest of your strawberries and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Pin this for later!