This healthy PB chocolate ice cream with raspberries will become your new favorite dessert! It’s smooth, creamy, and rich in chocolate and peanut butter flavor with a nice tang from the raspberries.
Here is why you will love this PB chocolate ice cream
It’s free from sugar which makes it perfect for dessert, snack, or even breakfast!
This delicious ice cream doesn’t require an ice cream machine and can be made in less than 15 minutes with only one main ingredient.
Ripe bananas! Yes, frozen ripe bananas have the magical ability to transform into smooth and creamy ice cream when blended.
But don’t judge too fast, even if bananas are the main ingredient to make this creamy frozen treat, it doesn’t taste like bananas!
The cacao powder along with vanilla extract turns this simple frozen banana base into the most creamy and delicious chocolate ice cream!
How to make PB chocolate ice cream in a food processor or blender
- Start by choosing ripe bananas, because they are ripe their content in sugar is higher and their texture is creamier when blended.
- Peel and slice your bananas. The thinner your slices the easier it will be to blend, especially if you don’t have a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Place banana slices in a single layer on a tray and freeze until completely solid.
- Once the bananas are frozen you can mix them with a food processor or a blender.
- Place your frozen bananas in your machine and start blending. At this stage, it will turn into chunks.
- If your food processor is having trouble blending, add a tablespoon of milk at a time, and keep mixing.
- Scrape the sides now and then and continue blending.
- Do not use too much liquid or it will turn into a milkshake. Be patient, it will come together, it just needs some time.
- Once your bananas are creamy and smooth, add cocoa powder, vanilla extract a pinch of sea salt, and blend until everything is incorporated.
- Transfer part of your chocolate ice cream to a freezer-safe container, drizzle with peanut butter, add some raspberries on top. Repeat the process as many times as needed and cover your container.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving!
Other healthy frozen treats you might want to try:
What you might need to make this pb chocolate ice cream:
This healthy peanut butter chocolate ice cream with raspberries will become your new favorite dessert! It’s smooth, creamy, and rich in chocolate and peanut butter flavor with a nice tang from the raspberries.
- 5 ripe bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (soy, oat, rice or almond milk)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
Peel your ripe bananas and cut into thin slices ( the thinner the easier it is the blend when frozen). Arrange your banana slices in a tray and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours or until they are solid.
Place your frozen banana slices in a blender or food processor and blend. Slowly add your plant milk a tablespoon at a time to make it easier to blend. Scrape the side of your blender or food processor if needed and keep blending until a smooth. Do not add all the milk at once, you may not have to use the entire 1/4 cup, only add gradually until the banana becomes smooth and creamy.
Once your banana ice cream base is smooth, add the vanilla extract, cacao powder, a pinch of sea salt, and mix again until it gets incorporated.
In a freezer-safe container, transfer 1/3 of the chocolate banana ice cream and drizzle 1 tbsp of peanut butter on top, then add some raspberries. Repeat this process until you finish up the chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, and raspberries.
Cover your container and place it in the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Let the ice cream soften for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- This peanut butter chocolate ice cream can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Pin this for later!