This delicious and creamy tahini dressing is made with simple ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes. Perfect for salads, sandwiches, or drizzled over veggies!
Naturally vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free.
The main ingredient in a tahini sauce is grounded roasted sesame seeds.
It’s a creamy, nutty, and tangy sauce popular in the Middle East.
This tahini sauce is easy to make, meal prep friendly as it stays in the fridge for up to 1 week!
Use this tahini dressing on salads, grilled veggies, drizzle on sandwiches, or dip for falafels.
What you need to make this tahini dressing
- Tahini: grounded roasted sesame seeds. Get the runny tahini, not the thick one!
- Olive oil: adds richness.
- Garlic: adds depth and flavor.
- Lemon juice: adds brightness and acidity.
- Water: to thin out the sauce and get the perfect drizzling consistency.
- Salt & pepper: to season.
How to make the tahini dressing
You can either make this tahini sauce in a mixing bowl or a small food processor/blender.
- Start by peeling your garlic and mince it. You can use a small grater to speed up the process a little.
- In a small mixing bowl, add tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic. Then using a small whisk or a fork, stir to combine.
- It will seize up at first but, the water will loosen up the dressing.
- Finally, add water and whisk until the tahini dressing is smooth.
If you are using a food processor, add all your ingredients at once, and blend until the sauce becomes smooth and reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste test for seasoning, adjust and serve!
Some Middle Eastern-inspired recipes to pair this tahini sauce with
- Oven-baked falafel – oil-free
- Roasted eggplant dip
- Classic creamy hummus
- Cauliflower tabbouleh salad
What you might need to make this tahini dressing
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog please consider leaving a comment & rating below! Find me on Instagram @glowingblush or Pinterest for even more deliciousness!
This delicious and creamy tahini dressing is made with simple ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes. Perfect for salads, sandwiches, or drizzled over veggies! Naturally vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1-2 garlic clove (depending on your taste, add more or less)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (more if needed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp water (more if needed)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
If using a food processor or blender, add all ingredients at once. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Mince your garlic as finely as you can. Or you can use a box grater for grating the garlic.
In a small mixing bowl, add tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil. Using a small whisk or fork, stir to combine.
Add water a tablespoon at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth. It will seize up, just keep adding water slowly and whisking. It's ready when smooth and runny.
Season with salt and pepper and taste test. Adjust by adding more lemon juice for acidity if needed.
- Tahini dressing can be kept in the fridge, covered, for about 1 week. it may thicken over time; just whisk in water as necessary to thin.
- This tahini dressing can also be frozen for up to 1 month.
Check out our other plant-based recipes
Pin this for later!
Leave a Reply