These PB & jam chocolate truffles are everything you can dream of. Totally addicting and healthy, these are super easy to make. Try them you will thank me later!!
Peanut butter and jam is a staple sweet treat or at least mine. It’s easy, tasty and reminds me of my childhood. Morning toast, PB & jam, and tea were a staple weekday breakfast in our family!!
So I guess this recipe is a throwback (a little-advanced one) to my childhood memories and hopefully yours too!
Whether you make these for a loved one or just to enjoy by yourself, they are worth trying. You can enjoy these anytime really!
This recipe is quite easy to make, and it doesn’t contain any weird ingredient. You can go the extra step and make your own peanut butter. I didn’t, I just used store-bought organic peanut butter.
I made the jam from scratch, I used raspberries but you can use any berry you like. Or even a mix of berries!
You can indulge in these Pb & jam chocolate truffles without guilt. They are only made with healthy ingredients. They are free from refined sugars, dairy, and gluten! You can eat them for breakfast!! Yes, I am serious!!
These PB & Jam chocolate truffles are:
Perfect mix of crispy, creamy and tangy
Simple to make
So as promised in my caramel chocolate bonbons recipe, here is the detailed recipe for these chocolate truffles!
- 1 Cup Raspberries or any other berries
- 1/4 Cup Maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 Cup Vegan dark chocolate
In a saucepan, add raspberries, maple, vanilla extract, and salt. Cook over medium heat while stirring and mushing. Bring to a boil, add chia seeds and cook for another minute. Turn down the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 min or until completely cooled
Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place about 70% of it in a glass bowl. Save the rest.
- Place your bowl in the microwave and melt in 30 seconds intervals. Stirring with a silicone spatula in between each 30 sec.
- Once your chocolate is melted ( it should take around 3x30sec) stir to cool it down a little. Add the remaining chopped chocolate. Stir well, until all smooth.
- Pour a teaspoon (or more if needed) of melted chocolate into each pocket of your mold.
- With a brush bring the chocolate to the side and make sure to cover well. Don't let any gap, otherwise, the filling is going to leak. Let sit in the fridge for a couple minutes.
- Once the chocolate is set, add a small amount of peanut butter in the bottom of each pocket of the mold. Cover with the raspberry jam you made and make sure to leave an empty space for the final layer of chocolate.
- Finally, add a teaspoon of chocolate to each truffle. With a spatula, level the chocolate on the mold and clean the sides.
- Let the PB & jam chocolate truffles sit for a couple of minutes in the fridge before popping out of the mold. Decorate with chocolate and crushed peanuts if desired.