Healthy Vegan Caramel Chocolate Bonbons

DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE USING THOSE LINKS I GET A COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU.

Healthy Vegan Caramel Chocolate Bonbons

 

Make these vegan caramel chocolate bonbons to treat yourself or your loved ones. You only need a few ingredients to make these luxurious chocolate treat!!

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and what’s better than some healthy chocolate bonbons that you can enjoy guilt free!! ???

I made 3 variations of healthy vegan chocolate bonbons. I will be posting them in the next few days. Keep an eye out for some mouth-watering Raspberry & Cream filled chocolate and Peanut Butter & Jam !!

Healthy Vegan Caramel Chocolate Bonbons

This was my first attempt at making chocolate bonbons. I’ve always been a little scared of chocolate making. But honestly, it was a breeze.

These luxurious healthy vegan caramel chocolate bonbons turned out pretty impressive!!

They were gone in less time than I needed to make them.

I used half sphere silicon molds (these ones), but you can use whatever shape you want. If you are a beginner, I’d recommend using silicone, because it will make the unmolding process so much easier.

Everything in this recipe is quite easy besides, for the chocolate melting process. On a more technical side, you’ll need to temper your chocolate. Fear not, it’s pretty simple actually.

Chocolate tempering is a method for melting down your chocolate without losing any of its properties.

It’s important to make this right so your chocolate stays nice, shiny, and more importantly, it snaps when you take a bite!!!

They are multiple methods to temper chocolate but here I am using the seeding method. It consists of melting about 70% of the chocolate and once that is melted you can add the remaining 30%.

These vegan caramel chocolate bonbons are:

  • Luxurious

  • Plant-based

  • Decadent

  • Satisfying

  • Naturally sweetened

  • Delicious

  • Easy to make

  • And they make for a great gift!!

 

Healthy Vegan Caramel Chocolate Bonbons
Prep Time
15 mins
Total Time
15 mins
 

These mouth-watering vegan caramel chocolate bonbons are the perfect healthy treat!! You only need a few ingredients to make these healthy chocolate bonbons.

Course: Dessert
Cuisine: Plant-based, Vegan
Servings: 15
Author: Loubna
Ingredients
  • 1 Cup Vegan dark chocolate
  • 1/2 Cup Medjool dates
  • 4 Tbsp Water (more if needed)
  • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Instructions
  1. Clean and pat-dry your silicone mold.

  2. Pit your Medjool dates and place in food processor along with water, vanilla extract, and salt. Pulse until a smooth paste is formed. You can add more water if needed. Set in the fridge to cool down.

  3. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place about 70% of it in a glass bowl. Save the rest.

  4. Place your bowl in the microwave and melt in 30 seconds intervals. Stirring with a silicone spatula in between each 30 sec.

  5. Once your chocolate is melted ( it should take around 3x30sec) stir to cool it down a little. Add the remaining chopped chocolate. Stir well, until all smooth.

  6. Pour a teaspoon (or more if needed) of melted chocolate into each pocket of your mold. 

  7. With a brush bring the chocolate to the side and make sure to cover well. Don't let any gap, otherwise, the filling is going to leak. Let sit in the fridge for a couple minutes.

  8. Once the chocolate is set, add a teaspoon of your date mixture to each pocket of the mold. Make sure to leave an empty space so you can close your chocolate bonbons with the final layer. 

  9. Finally, add a teaspoon of chocolate to each bonbon. With a spatula, level the chocolate on the mold and clean the sides.

  10. Let the caramel chocolate bonbons sit for a couple of minutes in the fridge before popping out of the mold. 

  11. Optional: Decorate as you desire. I used gold luster dust and brushed it with a dry brush over the chocolate bonbons to get this golden effect.

If you try this recipe and like it, please consider rating it with the star rating system & leave a comment down below. I really appreciate reading your awesome comments. For even more recipes and food inspiration, you can find me on Instagram @glowingblush or Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by!

Check out my other plant-based recipes

Pin this for later

healthy vegan caramel chocolate bonbons pin

Follow:
DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE USING THOSE LINKS I GET A COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU.
Share:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

1 Comment