This creamy miso mushroom pasta is the ultimate quick and easy comfort meal! It’s hearty, creamy, full of umami flavors, and perfect for a weeknight meal.
This recipe is very simple, it only requires 8 ingredients and 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
Creamy miso mushroom pasta
The mushrooms and miso are a match made in heaven in this dish. They create an unbelievably delicious and satisfying combination of flavors.
The base ingredients are, pasta (obviously!), which you cook following the instructions on the box.
And fresh (or canned, see notes) crimini mushrooms sautéed in a healthy amount of onions and garlic.
But undeniably, the star of the show in this recipe is the sauce!
Why you’ll love this creamy miso mushroom pasta
This sauce is creamy, tangy, and full of umami flavors, thanks to the miso.
It’s a simple blend of cashew cream, miso flavored broth, lemon juice, and some chili flakes for a kick (optional).
I used a miso-based broth in a cube form from Terrasanna. (any veggie broth with a teaspoon of miso paste will work, see notes for more information).
For convenience, I used a store-bought cashew cream. This one from Ecomil is my absolute favorite. For a homemade and less processed version, simply blend soaked cashews with filtered water.
Once your mushrooms are sautéed, it’s only a matter of mixing, bringing it to simmer, and the result is a deliciously creamy sauce with an incredible blend of flavors.
This miso mushroom pasta is creamy yet light, very satisfying, loaded with flavors, and perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight meal.
The best thing about this dish is the leftovers! They are even more delicious the next day and super handy for when you don’t feel like cooking.
What you might need to make this recipe:
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog please consider leaving a comment & rating below! Find me on Instagram @glowingblush or Pinterest for even more deliciousness!
This creamy miso mushroom pasta is the ultimate quick and easy comfort meal! It’s hearty, creamy, full of umami flavors and perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 2 cup uncooked pasta of your choice
- 2 cup thinly sliced crimini mushroom
- 1 cup cashew cream (200ml)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup boiling hot water
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 veggie miso broth cube
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- chili flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional, for serving)
Heat a large skillet, over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and diced onions. A pinch of salt and pepper and sautée while stirring until the onions are soft and fragrant.
Add minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, and lemon juice. Sautée stirring frequently, until the mushrooms shrink in size and are slightly browned and caramelized.
While your mushroom is cooking bring a large pot of water to a boil, season generously with salt and cook your pasta following the directions on the package. Drain the pasta and set aside.
In a cup, add boiling hot water and veggie miso broth cube. Stir well until the cube dissolves in the water. Set aside.
Once your mushrooms are nicely browned, lower the heat and add cashew cream and the veggie miso broth. Mix well, and bring to a light simmer.
At this stage, taste your sauce and adjust seasonings. Add more salt, pepper and/or lemon, juice if needed. If the sauce is too thin, simmer it a bit longer to reduce it. If the sauce is too thick, add more cashew cream or water.
Add cooked drained pasta directly to the pan. Turn off the heat and toss to coat the pasta with the sauce.
Serve immediately with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast and chili flakes (optional)
- For the veggie miso broth, simply mix a veggie cube with hot water and add 1tsp of miso paste. Taste for seasonings, add more miso if needed.
- If fresh mushrooms aren't available, you can use canned mushrooms. Make sure to drain them well and thinly slice them.
- For a homemade version of cashew cream, soak 1/2 raw cashew in water for at least 15 min, drain and add to a blender along with 1 cup of water. Blend until smooth. This cashew cream can be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days in a sealed container.
- Leftovers of this miso mushroom pasta can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop. If your pasta is too dry, add a splash of water.
Check out our other plant-based recipes
Pin this for later!
Leave a Reply