This Moroccan couscous salad with chickpeas is loaded with plant-based protein, and packed with fresh and tangy flavors! This salad comes together in less than 10 minutes and is perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner.
This salad is naturally vegan!
Moroccan couscous salad with chickpeas
Perfectly cooked couscous tossed with a flavorful Moroccan-inspired dressing and loads of fresh vegetables. This salad is filling, light, and packed with flavors.
Here’s why you’ll love this Moroccan couscous salad
- It’s easy to make.
- Packed with protein, fibers, and nutrients.
- Very flavorful. It’s packed with flavors from cumin, coriander seeds, and ginger.
- Meal-prep friendly. You can prepare each ingredient ahead of time and make this salad in less than 5 minutes.
- It’s also very versatile. You can add different veggies and legumes.
What you’ll need to make this couscous salad
For the couscous salad you’ll need:
- Couscous. I’m using barley semolina here, but any kind of semolina or pearled couscous would work.
- Red onion
- Parsley and coriander
For the dressing you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Ginger (ground)
- Cumin (ground)
- Coriander seeds (ground)
- Salt & pepper
Tips to nail this Moroccan couscous salad perfectly
- Cut your veggies into different shapes to add visual and textural interest.
- The dressing is easiest to make directly in a lidded jar. Just add all the ingredients, put the lid on and shake until well combined!
- If you want to make this salad ahead of time, prep your ingredients and store them in an airtight container in the fridge, without the dressing. You can add the dressing right before serving.
- Use organic vegetables if you can.
Other Moroccan recipes you might want to try next
- Eggplant salad – Zaalouk
- One-pot Moroccan white bean stew
- Moroccan lentil soup
- Fava bean soup – Bissara
What you might need to make this couscous salad:
This Moroccan couscous salad with chickpeas is loaded with plant-based protein, and packed with fresh and zingy flavors! This salad comes together in less than 10 minutes and is perfect for a healthy lunch.
- 1 1/2 cup cooked couscous (any semolina or pearled couscous would work. see notes for gluten-free alternative)
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (you can use canned chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup cooked lentil (you can use canned lentils)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce (can be substituted with baby spinach or kale)
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove - finely minced (or grated)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- pinch of sea salt
Add all dressing ingredients in a lidded jar, close, and shake until well combined.
In a mixing bowl, add cooked couscous, chickpeas, lentils, raisins, chopped cucumbers, shredded carrot, lettuce, red onion, chopped coriander, and parsley, and stir to combine.
Drizzle your dressing, and toss to coat.
- You can use semolina couscous or pearled couscous. For a gluten-free alternative use cooked quinoa.
- You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- If you plan on making this salad ahead of time, make sure to store your salad without the dressing. You can add the dressing right before serving.
Pin this for later!
“ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON GLOWING BLUSH ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED. IF YOU WANT TO SHARE THIS CONTENT PLEASE DO SO BY USING THE SHARE BUTTONS PROVIDED. DO NOT POST THE RECIPE OR CONTENT IN FULL”