This instant mango ice cream makes a deliciously healthy and refreshing treat for summer! It takes less than 20 minutes to make, and only uses 2 ingredients! Enjoy this mango ice cream for dessert or as a healthy snack.
This ice cream recipe is naturally vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free, and addicting!
Mango ice cream
This ice cream recipe is easy to make and only takes up to 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
It only requires 2 ingredients; mangos and coconut cream.
This ice cream recipe is made in a food processor, without an ice-cream churner!
It’s so delicious and satisfying. The freshness from the mango pairs well with the creaminess of coconut cream and makes for incredibly delicious ice cream.
What you’ll need to make this mango ice cream
- Mango. I find the Alphonso variety to be the best to make ice cream, as their pulp is thicker and less watery, so it doesn’t allow the formation of ice crystals as much as other varieties.
You can use a bag of already frozen diced mango or dice some fresh mangos, and freeze them at home.
- Coconut cream (from a can of chilled coconut milk) The coconut cream helps with the blending and adds creaminess to the final result. If you are not a fan of coconut flavor, you can skip the coconut cream as long as your blender is powerful enough to handle frozen mangos.
- A pinch of sea salt to balance out the flavors.
How to make this 2-ingredients mango ice cream
- Blend the frozen mango and coconut cream using a food processor.
- Transfer your mango ice cream to a freezer-safe container, and freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe perfectly every time
- Use a ripe and sweet mango. Alphonso mangos tend to be the best for ice cream making.
- If your mango isn’t sweet enough you can add a spoon of maple or agave syrup.
- Do not forget to add a pinch of sea salt to balance out the flavors.
- Use more coconut cream, a tablespoon at a time, to help with the blending process.
- You can enjoy the ice cream right away, but I suggest allowing it to hold back its shape in the freezer for around 30 minutes before serving.
Other frozen treats you might want to try:
What you might need to make this recipe:
This instant mango ice cream makes a deliciously healthy and refreshing treat for summer! It takes less than 20 minutes to make and only uses 2 ingredients! Enjoy this mango ice cream for dessert or as a healthy snack.
- 3 cup diced frozen mango
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from a chilled can of coconut milk) (plus more if needed - see notes)
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
In a food processor or high-speed blender, add coconut cream, diced frozen mango, and a pinch of sea salt (optional). Blend on high speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until smooth.
Transfer your mango ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze for about 30 minutes before serving.
- If your food processor isn't powerful enough the mango ice cream may take some time to blend and become smooth.
- You can add more coconut cream to help the blending process. Don't add too much cream or your ice cream will become runny.
- This mango ice cream is best when served right away. It can harden if kept in the freezer for more than 4 hours.
Pin this for later!