These baked crispy cauliflower bites will become your new favorite way to eat cauliflower!! They are crunchy, extra crispy and packed with tasty flavors!
The past few years, cauliflower went from being the « meh » vegetable to the new trendy kid on the block! Need grain-free rice, a pizza crust, a veggie steak?! make it out of cauliflower! And I am not complaining about it!
You’ll love these baked crispy cauliflower bites:
Even if you are not a big fan of cauliflower, these bites might make you change your mind! They are tasty, crunchy and secretly healthy
It’s so easy and quick to make! Plus, they are very versatile. You can serve them as an appetizer with buffalo sauce (or your favorite dipping sauce) or as a main dish with rice and veggies on the side!
They are also really good in sandwiches and burgers!
How to make these oven-baked crispy cauliflower bites:
- Choose a nice fresh cauliflower head. Wash it and chop off the large stalks and leaves, then cut into bite-sized florets.
- Make the batter by mixing all-purpose flour, soy milk (or any plant milk you prefer) nutritional yeast, tomato paste, and the spices.
- Toss florets in the batter to coat, then coat with Japanese panko breadcrumbs! (The panko breadcrumbs are what make the bites so crisp and crunchy)
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake until crispy and slightly golden brown.
You can also fry these crispy cauliflower bites if you prefer, but I promise even baked they are EXTRA crispy!
These cauliflower bites are best enjoyed right after baking while they are the crispiest.
You can use chickpea flour or a gluten-free flour blend to substitute the all-purpose flour.
Other oven-baked recipes you might want to try:
- Harissa spiced whole roasted cauliflower
- Oven-baked falafel
- Crispy oven-baked fries
- Roasted butternut squash stuffed with quinoa & veggies
What you might need to make these crispy cauliflower bites:
These baked crispy cauliflower bites will become your new favorite way to eat cauliflower!! These bites are crunchy, extra crispy and packed with tasty flavors!
- 1 head of cauliflower (remove large stalks and cut florets into bite-sized pieces)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plant milk or water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs ( 1/2 cup extra if needed)
- pinch of sea salt
Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to avoid cauliflower from sticking.
In a large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients for the batter and mix. Then add plant milk or water and stir with a whisk until well combined. The batter should be thick but pourable, add more liquid if too thick or more flour if too thin.
Add bite-sized pieces of cauliflower to the batter and coat well using a spoon. Make sure to get the batter into every nook and cranny of the florets.
Add 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs to a plate along with a pinch of sea salt. Mix to combine. Take your florets one by one, shake excess batter off, and dip in the breadcrumbs. Cover each floret with breadcrumb and place it on your baking sheet.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly golden brown and crispy on the outside. Serve warm with buffalo sauce or dipping sauce of your choice.
Pin this for later!